This recipe will guide you on how to make donuts in a super easy way.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting purposes
It will take around 14 minutes to prepare, 2 minutes to cook, and 16 minutes to get ready.
- First things first, stir the vinegar into the milk and keep it aside for a few minutes to let it turn thick.
- Now in a medium sized bowl, add the cream to the shortening and sugar until it turns smooth.
- Now, beat it in the egg and vanilla until it blends smooth.
- Now, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now, stir it into the mixture of sugar alternating it with the vinegar and the milk
- Now roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/3 inch thickness.
- Now cut the dough into doughnuts with the help of a donut cutter.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes at least.
- Now in a large deep skillet heat the oil to about 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C,
- Then fry the doughnuts in the hot oil until it becomes golden, turning over once.
- Drain the doughnuts on the paper towels.
- Next, dust it with confectioners’ sugar while they are still warm.
- Serve them immediately.
Note: The nutritional value of oil is determined for frying on the basis of its retention value of 10 percent after the cooking. The precise amount is subjected to vary on the cook time and temperature, density of the ingredient and the type of oil used.
Here is the Nutritional Chart for the doughnuts made above
|Nutritional Chart for Super Easy Doughnuts|
|Servings Per Recipe: 18
Nutrient Content Daily Value
1. Total Fat: 6.8g 11 %
2. Saturated Fat: 1.0g
3. Cholesterol: 11mg 4 %
4. Sodium: 74mg 3 %
5. Potassium: 27mg < 1 %
6. Total Carbohydrates: 19.9g 6 %
7. Dietary Fiber: 0.4g 2 %
8. Protein: 2g 4 %
9. Sugars: 9g
10. Vitamin A: 23IU
11. Vitamin C: 0mg
12. Calcium: 10mg
13. Iron: 1mg
14. Thiamin: 0mg
15. Niacin: 1mg
16. Vitamin B6: 0mg
17. Magnesium: 4mg
18. Folate: 27mcg